Kathleen Vestal Logan
- Kathleen is an experienced writer and speaker. She holds an undergraduate degree in education, a master’s degree in Management, and a master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy. She is co-author of the award-winning book Second Blooming for Women: Growing a Life that Matters after Fifty, conducting frequent classes and seminars on the topic to inspire women. She writes a monthly online column for The Transition Network (TTN), a national organization for women over fifty, on a variety of life issues. She is well-known for her highly interactive classes and presentations. Most recently, she published her book Women’s Wisdom: Pass It On! to encourage a community of women in which growth and wisdom are freely shared. The book was a Finalist in the 2016 International Book Awards. She was keynote speaker at the 2016 Power of E3 Women’s Conference to Educate, Enlighten, and Empower, Pensacola, FL.
Clients for Speaking Engagements Include:
- American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) chapters, FL
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Atlanta
- Veranda, The Villas, and Westminster Village Retirement Centers, FL
- Merrill Lynch, Pensacola, FL
- Corpus Christi Athletic Club, TX
- Fourth Presbyterian Church, Chicago
- Koelbel Public Library, Denver
- Pensacola State College, FL
- Gulf Power, FL
- Cypress Landing Women’s Club, NC
- University of West Florida
- Pensacola State College, FL
- Interviewed by local anchor Sue Straughn on WEAR ABC channel 3 about Women’s Wisdom (June 2015)
- “Featured Author” in The Transition Network’s national online newsletter (June 2015)
- Invited by Encore.org to submit a short article about what she’s accomplishing in the community as an older adult (May 2015)
- Featured author in Bella Magazine article, “Gathering Courage: Women grow their hearts and minds at Angel’s Garden meetings” (January 2015).
- Extended interview with Robin Reshard who showcases authors on HEARDTV (March 2012).
- Interviewed by Mary Eileen Williams on Feisty Side of Fifty national blog radio (September 2011).
- Half-hour interview with both authors by Annalee Leonard for her weekly radio show (September 2011).
- Featured author interview in the Colorado Communicator online magazine for state educators (summer 2011 issue).
- Both authors conducted two teleseminars with National Association of Baby Boomer Women (NABBW), an online site for women over fifty (April and May 2011).
- Emerald Coast Magazine did a feature story on both authors in the February/March 2011 issues.
- Featured guest on the inaugural television show of the American Business Women’s Association, Pensacola Chapter (February 2011).
- Interview by Wendi Summers on Pensacola CAT Country “Ask the Expert” radio show (2010).
- Television interviews with both authors by Sue Straughn for WEAR-TV (ABC) and by Lois Benson for BLAB in Pensacola, FL, for 30-minute programs (December 2009).
- Television interview with both authors by Jeff Nall of Council on Aging of Northwest Florida for the University of West Florida (WUWF) channel (December 2009).
- Women’s Wisdom: Pass It On! was published in May 2015.
- “IMPACT 100 Shows Power of Collective Giving.” Viewpoint in Pensacola News Journal, February 2, 2015.
- What’s Good about Growing Older?” in Coming of Age: Lifestyle Magazine for Seniors, Summer 2014.
- Second Blooming for Women: Growing a Life that Matters after Fifty with co-author Betsy Smith in 2010. It was awarded “Merit” by the National Mature Media Awards program in 2010 honoring “the best in advertising, marketing and educational materials for older adults.”
- “Second Blooming for Women: Cultivating a Life that Matters after Fifty” with co-author Betsy Smith in Coming of Age: Lifestyle Magazine for Seniors, Summer 2008. In 2009, this article was awarded “Bronze” by the National Mature Media Awards program.
- “Second Blooming: A Woman’s Guide to an Abundant Life after Fifty” with co-author Betsy Smith in On the Coast Magazine, November/December 2007.
- “Leading through Crisis,” in Toastmaster magazine, August 2005.
- “Taking Charge, Without Wearing the Rank,” in Naval Institute Proceedings, February 1991.
- “The Emotional Cycle of Deployment,” in Naval Institute Proceedings, March 1987. This article continues to be widely distributed throughout the U.S. military services. It has been adopted for use in Britain and Canada, and has been translated into several foreign languages, including French. The model the article outlines is also used to help train U.S. State Department employees for overseas duty.
Awards and Notes of Achievement:
- Women’s Wisdom: Pass It On! Finalist in the 2016 International Book Awards, Self-help/Motivational category.
- Keynote speaker, Power of E3 Women’s Conference to Educate, Enlighten and Empower, April 2016.
- “History Sows the Seeds for Women’s Second Blooming,” Chapter 1 written by Kathleen for Second Blooming for Women, awarded 2nd Honorable Mention in the 2013 Writers-Editors Writing Competition.
- Climate Map: Thrive in Your Natural Growing Zone,” Chapter 2 written by Kathleen for Second Blooming for Women, awarded 3rd place in the 2012 Writers-Editors Network International Writing Competition.
- “What Military People Wish You Knew about Their Family Life,” awarded 9th Honorable Mention in the 2012 Writers-Editors Network International Writing Competition.
- Keynote speaker, Military Spouse Appreciation Luncheon, Pensacola, Florida, 2010.
- Keynote speaker, Women of Inspiration awards celebration, 2010.
- “Merit” award by the National Mature Media Awards program in 2010 honoring “the best in advertising, marketing and educational materials for older adults” for Second Blooming for Women: Growing a Life that Matters after Fifty.”
- Outstanding Philanthropists of the Year Award (with husband), given by the West Florida Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, 2009.
- Service Award (with husband), given by United Way of Escambia County, Florida, for service to the community, 2007.
- Recognized for “Distinguished Service” by BRACE (Be Ready Alliance Coordinating for Emergencies) for serving as volunteer Chairman, Resource Coordinating Committee, and participating in Escambia County Long Term Recovery Committee after two disastrous hurricane seasons, 2007.
- First Place, Division E, Toastmasters International 2007 Speech Contest for “Prime Time for Women.”
- “When Your Child Goes to War,” awarded Honorable Mention in the 74th Annual Writer’s Digest national Writing Competition, 2005.
Kathleen Vestal Logan, M.S., M.A. firstname.lastname@example.org (850) 934-8056
For more information, visit Kathleen’s Facebook page.